Those 2014 Goals
I have a big year planned. At this point I am registered for four marathons, Ragnar, and a duathlon, and I plan to register for a fifth marathon this week. I have never really trained to the point where I felt completely ready for an event. I hop on and off training schedules. I am one of those people who has lots of excuses. Remember what I said in the last post? How I wish I had a dollar for every time I said "I'm gonna train harder"? Well, people, in 2014 I am gonna train harder. My #1 goal for 2014 is CONSISTENCY. Truly. And these are the goals and challenges I am taking on to get there:
- 30 Day Ragnar Challenge: Do something active for 30 days straight. This is the smallest of the goals to help form the habit for the others. This is Day 6, and I'm still good.
- 100 Days Challenge: Do 30 minutes of activity every day for 100 days. I want that Ragnar challenge to continue on. Once I form that habit for 30 days, why not strive for 100... and then more.
- 100 Days of Miles: Run 100 days in 2014. This one is going to keep me focused on running and on being consistent since I can't skip more than three days.
- Run This Year: Run 2014 miles in 2014. This is a big one, and, honestly, not trying to sound defeatist already, but I most likely won't hit 2,014 running miles. I have never even hit 1,000 miles for the year. But, again, this challenge gives me that focus on running. And I am willing to see just how many miles I can rack up by the end of the year with my real hope hitting at least 1,000 miles.
- Read more
- Blog more
- Bike more (at least 2,500 miles for the year)
- Practice yoga more
- Lose ten pounds
- Qualify for the 50 States Marathon Club (got five more states to go)
I hope your 2014 is off to a great start. I would love to hear about your own goals and strategies to get there. Please share.